That all may know!!
Matthew 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations...

Friday, July 6, 2012

Caleb Steele


Cameroon is an amazing place. One second you are driving down a road with trash on each side and rundown houses, and the next you are on top of a mountain looking one of the most beautiful landscapes you have ever seen. The best part of it all though has to be the people. I have never seen such a large population of people that were so friendly. All it takes is a wave or a word of greeting and the people that seem the most suspicious or hesitant to talk to us break out in the biggest smile. Sure there are a few exceptions, but they are few and far between. Today we got set up for Holiday Bible School (HBS) and went to the market in town. Everyone I have come across is eager to hear about why we are here, what we are doing, and even the gospel. In America people are quick to withdraw from any conversation about Jesus Christ or how to get to heaven, but the people here have been so accepting and even eager to talk about it. The change has been quite a blessing to me, and any fear or apprehension about sharing the gospel has completely melted away. I know this is in a great way due to the prayer here and at home for people to have open hearts to the gospel, and that God is answering those prayers. There have been many, many things throughout the trip that I could go on forever about, like the very rough dirt roads that scare all of us when we drive down them, or the very busy paved road where it seems everyone thinks they have the right of way, or the food (scary or excellent as the case may be), or the land that is the most beautiful I have ever seen. In the end though what has had the greatest impact on me is the people and their readiness to hear the word of God if someone will just share it with them.

3 comments:

  1. Dear Mr. Steele,
    I will be praying for you. I think it is interesting how the people there respond to the Gospel!
    William Ackerson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey buddy, this is Dustin. I'm praying for you and the team. I expect you are taking care of my wife also! It is so great to hear about the receptiveness to the Gospel ... makes you think doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great hearing from You Son Love Dad Type!! Sorry you could'nt save the ginny ! Don't break any limbs climbing on the beautiful landscape!! Mom and I love and miss you!! Keep up the good work giving the Gospel!! We will have your shower ready and waiting on you as soon as your home!!! Love ya!!!! See You soon!

    ReplyDelete