That all may know!!
Matthew 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations...

Friday, July 13, 2012

Full of Thanks...by Becca Sinclair

I can't even begin to tell you what an amazing week this has been. Everyone has tried to convey it through blog posts, but I'm sure that nobody will fully be able to get across all that they are feeling. It is hard to convey through words all the experiences that everyone is having. For me, things that were once "old hat" so to speak, are renewed as I am looking at them afresh through everyone else's eyes. The ooh's and ahh's over the scenery out our front windows. I had begun to take them for granted after living here for 8 years. The sights, the smells and sounds of town. It is so fun listening to everyone's thoughts and reactions to what they see. The shouts and screams as the bus slips and slides down the hill...well - that is something I will probably never get used to! haha! And I will say that it is nearly just as scary riding in a car behind the bus. Watching them tip and swerve...oy! I had to shut my eyes!!! God is faithful and has kept everyone safe and sound, and I jokingly remarked to those in my vehicle that we are blessed because we get to go off-roading every day of our lives here! As you can see the experiences are too many to convey!

My children might be experiencing similar thoughts. They get used to the hum-drum of our daily lives and sometimes it takes an outside person...a fresh perspective...to open their eyes and see things differently.

I think that is what happened to Faith Ann yesterday. Each day my children have been excitedly running out the door, hopping on the bus headed to Holiday Bible School. They are extra privileged because they get to ride with Burt the Bugman and Mr. Goofball! They hear the same gospel message, and sing many of the same songs that we sing each week in our Children's church, but they are viewing it from a different perspective. As Faith Ann heard the gospel from someone else's lips yesterday, the message clicked. The seed that had been planted through the years finally took root, the light came on, and she finally understood the truth of the glorious gospel of Jesus Christ! On the way home in the bus, she asked her Daddy, "Am I going to go to heaven?" He promised to talk to her later in private.

Later that night, Ben and I talked with her, asked her questions, reviewed Bible verses that she had long ago memorized and she finally understood that she was a sinner. That her sin was separating her from a holy God and that she needed to confess and believe in Jesus so that she could go to heaven! Kneeling between Ben and me by our bedside, she prayed and trusted in Jesus Christ as her Savior!

In light of all of our water troubles, a friend of mine, Kathy Whitely, posted this comment on my facebook status, "Satan thought lack of water would snatch the Word; instead God planted it. Praise God!"

Praise God indeed!

Thank you members of First Baptist Church of Land O' Lakes...and all those that sacrificed to send this team. And all the team members that sacrificed to come. I'm especially grateful as you have made a personal impact in my precious family!

1 comment:

  1. Tears are running down my cheeks as i read this...praise God another soul has been added to HIS kingdowm!!! I am so happy for your family.. I have been following these posts every day and am thrilled with the wonderful news of people being lead to the Lord!! I will continue to pray for your work there in Cameroon!

    ReplyDelete